Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Nestle Aero

There it was. Sitting in an otherwise empty chocolate bar box at Giant was the Nestle Aero. I had to pick it up since I had never seen such a beast before. A chocolate bar with minty air bubbles? How could I resist.

Biting into the Aero was a strange sensation. The texture is weird and somewhat off putting. I like it to biting into a day old cake that's started to get slightly stiff. (Annie called it Styrofoam.) It tasted good. Not great but good. I think the texture really threw me for a loop. I just couldn't get over the grainy, mint bits mixed into the smooth Nestle chocolate.

The Aero is certainly not what I was expecting as I eagerly grabbed this strange, new treat from the random box housing it. I am not sure what I was expecting. Perhaps chocolate with a lighter, airy quality about it. Though the candy was exactly as it said on the wrapper.

Would I buy this again? Probably, it was pretty good once I got over the texture. All in all a strange find for a candy that is apparently big in Europe according to Wikipedia.

I would call it an acquired taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment