Monday, January 18, 2010

Coconut M&Ms



Carl and I spent the weekend in Virginia Beach planning our upcoming wedding. On the way home, we decided to stop at a Sheetz for a bathroom break and to buy some cold drinks. While perusing the candy aisle, my life came to a crashing halt when I found these magical little morsels: Coconut m&m's.

Now, I have to say, I'm not in love with m&m's. I think they are pretty good, but they aren't something I gravitate towards in their pure form. Sometimes I do get cravings for the peanut or peanut butter variety, but the plain chocolate just doesn't quite cut it for me.

This limited edition coconut flavor though really drew me in. I love coconut. Sure, like everyone else, I hated it when I was a kid. Thank goodness for an adult's taste palette. Ever since I found Ciao Bella's amazing coconut sorbet, I have been on a coconut frenzy.

At first bite, the coconut in these candies was a little overpowering for me. The coconut flavor is in the hard shell coating, which makes the flavor quite strong, but mellows out as you continue eating. The more of these little babies I popped into my mouth, the more I liked them. It was a sweet, cool coconut flavor that left my mouth feeling clean and happy.

These are one limited edition item that I would recommend you unwrap before they go away. Don't miss out like you probably did when m&m's came out with their "Strawberried Peanut Butter" flavor. mmmmmmmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment